Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Remembering Neha Tyagi............

Very shocked to know that one of my old friend is no more.......... as I heard the news questions arised...... she was too young to die naturally.......
She was very friendly , very sweet , very helpful girl..... I still remember.... when I got chicken pox in 10th standard......she was the only girl to visit me in the hospital (where i was admitted).... other friends and roommates were so scared to get infection from me.... so they ... (I guess )came only once... but this girl came to see me daily in evenings.... and read all the notes loudly to me ,sitting a meter or 2 away from me...( we were in hostel , and 10th grade exams were scheduled )... Our hostel was far from hospital... this girl came regularly riding her bicycle.... sometimes twice a day...
That time she proved that she is the real friend in need..........
I know that if it was not me somebody else was admitted in the hospital she would have gone and helped her with the same friendliness........ Because it was her nature..... always friendly ready to help... smiling......always.........
She was a die heart Shahrukh fan.... We teased her a lot for that.......
Later , we moved into different directions in life..... but one thing I can say very confidently... that she can't make any enemy............

The most shocking news is that ...she was poisoned..........

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend.
    The world is filled with few weired people who are always looking at ways to harm the good.

    It was a touching story of her and showed her character when she came to visit you in the Hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Vinny, today full day thought about her... not done much work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what really happened to her. who poisoned her? Why?

    I understand what you are going thru, one of my friends had an accident and died a few months ago. Could not believe it and was expecting to see him everytime at the usual places we went.

    It is always very traumatic to see someone we think as very nice go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I really don't know all the details.. she got married just 6 -7 months back , her marriage was not going smoothly. Still trying to find out more details about the incident.
    The ugly thing is till today , in this modern era (so called educated ) people are hungry only for money .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priya,

    those are very difficult news, mainly when the reason of her end of life is strange and poses lots of questions.
    I think you should find the answers for these questions to help your friend (even if she is not with us anymore), yourself and maybe even other women who may fall in the similar situation.

    I wish you feel better and more peaceful, thought it is very difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Eva, talked to few of my old friends... a bit ok now, and it's always great to have words(consolation)from you two. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dowry is such a sick thing in our society. And so easily killing people where there is supposed to be love is even sicker.

    Lets just pray that it does not happen ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Priya,
    I got to know this shocking news today. I was her classmate during our Masters Degree. I didn't know her closely as we had different friends' circle but one thing I noticed about her that I never heard her bragging or being fussy about anything. She was one of the helpful and down to earth girls in our class.
    I pray to God to give enough courage to her parents, siblings and friends to bear this forever loss of their life.
    May her soul rest in peace!a
    Thanks Priya for writing about Neha and reminding us about her.

    ReplyDelete